Monday, February 26, 2007

Two into One




It blows my mind every time I look at my daughter and realize the LORD'S Great Creativity in merging two people's traits, looks, and personalities into one. I am reminded of that really cool part of Psalm 139 when it says,



"For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well."




Over the past 10 months I have observed how Annabelle is a lot like Heather and yet a lot like me! I was thinking about this as I watched her play today. Some examples of this are:




HOW SHE IS LIKE HEATHER:


1. She really loves sleeping & she could probably sleep through nuclear fallout on the nights she's really tired! Exactly like her mommy!!


2. She has an incredibly sweet disposition around everyone! Just like her mommy! I wish I was more like them.


3. She's into everything! Like Heather she always has to be involved in some sort of activity or project!! She's constantly crawling to see what lies beyond the next corner!!




HOW SHE IS LIKE ME:


1. She hates shoes! Just like daddy she needs to have her feet free from the constraint that shoes bring! The minute they're on she tries to take them off! If only they made baby flip-flops!


2. She loves books!! NO REALLY!! MORE THAN USUAL!!! Heather literally has to read her about 10 books first thing in the morning because the second one is finished she is reaching for another! She already knows how to turn the pages!! I think she'd rather read than eat!!


3. She is a total movie buff!! Although we only let her watch one about two or three times a week she gets totally dialed in when it's on!!(Baby Einstein)




HOW SHE IS DIFFERENT THAN BOTH OF US:


1. She actually has rythym! She's always rocking or patting her hands and feet to the music. Nothing like me or Heather (even though we like to pretend sometimes!).


2. She doesn't really seem to like cheese a whole lot yet.... me & Heather are addicted to it.


3. She has two different colored eyes! It's the coolest thing I've ever seen! Incredibly rare!!




It's amazing to see how the Lord can bring two people together and create a beautiful & unique life from it. Though she is similar to us she is still different than us in so many ways. But she will forever be our daughter. I think of exactly 12 year ago today when Heather and I first started dating & I think of all that has happened in our lives since that day. And that makes me happy.

3 comments:

mom said...

What a BEAUTIFUL blog for this beautiful monday!! I love it when you "blog" about our beautiful, sweet, precious grandaughter! It makes us feel so much closer! I know yall are SO PROUD of this beautiful child!

mom said...

this picture looks like Annabelle is saying.."Thank you LORD for giving me such a wonderful and loving mommy and daddy!"
We looooove this pic!!

Pri said...

Your daughter is beautiful.