Thursday, February 22, 2007

What I'm Reading now....


I'm the type of guy who has to be reading a few books at one time. It's weird & probably one of the signs that your an ADHD-bookworm-psycho! I'm really psyched with what I'm reading these days, though! It is as follows:

AUTOBIOGRAPHY OF VALUES by Charles Lindbergh
(Currently on page # 297. I've always been fascinated by this man. In case you didn't know he was the first guy to fly non-stop from the U.S. to Europe in the late 20's. He became a cultural icon for that generation, experienced horrible personal tragedy, and was a tremendously flawed man. Not a Christ-follower from what I can tell. This is his story in his own words. I visited his grave in Maui on the road to Hana & ever since then I've been fascinated.)

THE TIPPING POINT by Malcolm Gladwell
(Currently on page # 122.A bestseller that takes a look at the power of epidemics and how word of mouth advertising & other elements helps to get movements started. Didn't know I'd enjoy it as much as I am right now!)

THE ATTRIBUTES OF GOD by A.W. Tozer
(Currently on page # 157. How could you not love Tozer? I've been immersed in thoughts of what GOD is really like because of the current teaching series I'm leading at ACCESS high school ministry. An amazing reminder of who my GOD is at His core. Tozer is the type of guy who knew firsthand!)

THE ADVENTURE OF WORSHIP by Gerrit Gustafson
(Currently on page # 40. Pretty interesting book my worship leader buddy Joel Goddard gave to me recently. It's kind of a look at the Biblical history of worship and how it translates into our lives today.)

I love books! They're like extremely low-maintenance friends who are really wise and interesting!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Dude,

If you like "Tipping Point," I think you will also like his other book, "Blink." Another very interesting book in the same genre is "Freakanomics." Real interesting stuff.

Oh, I checked out your blog because the address is seared in my mind from watching Jack edit that video you guys did the other day.

-Eric Bjerke, Sr.