Saturday, March 24, 2007

10 Things I Learned with my Family at the ZOO.




This week I took my family to the zoo. It was our daughter's first time having an experience like this. Here are 10 things I made a mental note of that beautiful day.





1. Spider Monkeys look extremely depressed while locked in small cages. Prozac anyone?






2. Bald Eagles were meant to fly.....not be trapped in a cage staring at Spider Monkeys.





3. Bats are probably the most freakish animals on the planet....they give me the heebie-jeebies!






4. I have a totally irrational fear of California Mountain Lions behind chain-link fences. I distinctly remember hearing once that cats can climb fences.






5. My daughter thinks Sea Lions are the most intriguing animals at the zoo! Especially when the Zookeeper feeds them!!






6. When little kids scream the baboons scream back.






7. Chinese Crocodiles need braces for their teeth.....YIKES!






8. If I was an animal I would definitely not want to be a Turkey Vulture. UG-LY!






9. A Lemur would make a good pet. Especially if I could train it to make me some coffee.






10. Pink is absolutely my daughter's best color.

No comments: