Tuesday, May 27, 2008

"I am Iron Man!!"


Last Wednesday after THE POINT was over, me and a few of our High School Ministry volunteers bolted and went to the IMAX Theater at Mall of Georgia to see the much talked about Iron Man. It's been years since I caught a late show and I was pretty concerned that all the nights of going to bed early over the past 2 years because I'm getting old (and that's what you do when you have kids!) was going to ruin me. I was sure that I probably wouldn't last through the first couple of previews.......especially after preaching and sweating profusely for 2 hours!!

The cool thing was that we were the only dudes in the Theater!! Except for the 2 couples in the back who kept giggling and speaking spanish. Seriously. Anyway, there we were.....all 5 of us men. Of course we each had the obligatory "I am not on a date with this man....I'm married to a woman!" empty seat between each of us.

Just so you know, I thought the movie was absolutely bomb-a-licious!! Iron Man is the quintiscential American Superhero. I will say, however, that I honestly didn't know whether to laugh or cringe at his arrogance. There is a fine line between confidence and arrogance and most of us end up crossing it if we're not careful.

My favorite scene in the movie was when Iron Man saves Lois Lane from falling off of the Eiffel Tower and then traps the Joker in that web he shoots from his wrist right before turning into a really muscular green monster. This movie rocks!!!!

1 comment:

Elisabeth said...

That's halarious, because I took some of the girls in my e-team to see it one Monday night after ACCESS, and we were the only ones in the theater too!