Sunday, April 13, 2008

Dear Cheesesteak!

















Dear Cheesesteak,

I needed to write to you because no matter how hard I try I just cannot stop thinking about you. I can't shake the memories I have of you. When I saw you in Philly I wasn't sure quite what to think about you. I must admit I couldn't take my eyes off of you. The whole time I watched you, I quietly prayed you would choose me. Little did I know you were hoping I would choose you too! When you ended up on my plate I breathed a sigh of relief like a jaywalker who had just escaped the overzealous cops.
Oh, my cheesesteak. So warm. So greasy. So cheesy. So steaky. So good.
I chewed you to my heart's content. I whispered sweet nothings to you. I promised you the world. I would lasso the moon for you, Cheesesteak.
I shall never forget the 4 minutes we shared in Philly.
For such a brief moment in history you made me so very happy.
And then you were gone.

Until we one day meet again,
Anson

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are just toooo funny anSON!

Anonymous said...

PRAISE THE LORD Cheesesteaks are the Dunamis of Philly...