Wednesday, April 30, 2008

2

Last weekend we got together with a few friends to celebrate Annabelle's second birthday. Elmo and Abby Cadabby (of Sesame Street fame) were plastered all over our house as toddlers blew bubbles, bounced balloons into the air, and scurried up and down the stairs like ants marching in a parade.
I was reminded on that day that one of the most amazing sounds in the galaxy is a child's laughter. There may be no other sound so filled with hope and optimism. 
It's hard to believe that this little girl is already two. As I write this blog my little munchkin is flopping around on the floor like a captured fish singing a song that has only one lyric: "da be doo-doo-doo.....da be doo-doo-doo". Her little pink bow (strategically matching her shoes) hangs sideways like a tattered war-torn flag......a casualty of her new game. The more I watch my daughter play her made up games, blow out Elmo-candles, and eat cake with her hands, the more I continue to understand why Jesus said, "Let the little children come to me."

No comments: