Monday, April 21, 2008

SIMON was at Church!!!

Remember the 1980's smash hit electronic game SIMON? Any true child of the 80's does! Well, yesterday morning at 12Stone church we played it. No, they didn't pass out thousands of little electronic games during each worship service. Instead during the middle of the sermon they passed out thousands of different colored glow sticks. Each section of the auditorium received a different color. I had yellow (the coolest color by far). Then instructions were given, the lights went out, a diagram to lead us came on the big screens, and 2 guys in glow-in-the-dark suits started playing some funky electronic music on the keyboard! It was the trippiest thing I've ever experienced in a church service. And it fit right in with the truth being communicated in the sermon!! The truth is that GOD is like "Simon" in the sense that He gives instructions and we must be attentive because He expects us to follow.
I know my descriptions of what happened yesterday don't do it justice. That's OK. Just trust me when I say it was stinking amazing!!

No comments: